Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Justice Toolkit for Internal Organizational Practices
This toolkit, authored by the Coalition for the Delaware River Watershed, provides resources that empower users to take mindful action to break down the barriers that hinder participation. It focuses on diversity, equity, inclusion, and justice (DEIJ) within an organization's culture, rather than DEIJ in relation to external or programmatic engagement.
In a nutshell, this resource offers:
- A guide to integrating diversity, equity, inclusion, and justice into the structure, mission and bottom line of the organization's work.
- Suggestions to create a strong leadership commitment to embracing the inherent challenges of this work, while simultaneously engaging staff from all levels in the decision making process.
- Ways to set realistic expectations that are actionable and measurable.
- Guidance to proactively addressing potential resistance or hesitation to integrating DEIJ in an organization and workplace.
- Explanations of terms and a reference for common language.
- A list of resources for continued work to integrate DEIJ into your organization and workplace.
How to use this resource:
- As a guide to begin or continue DEIJ efforts within your organization.
- As a reference while structuring policies or goals within your organization.
- As a list of other references to continue DEIJ work in your organization.