Vibrant Cities Lab
The Vibrant Cities Lab, created by American Forests in partnership with the U.S. Forest Service (USFS) and the National Association of Regional Councils (NARC), provides a single online hub for all of the best tools and technical information for urban forests, including online computer mapping using tree canopy cover. This in-depth resource library offers information on all aspects of urban forest management and helps urban foresters make the case for investment in urban forestry.
In a nutshell, this resource offers:
- An urban forestry toolkit to help your city get started on creating an urban forestry program, or to advance an existing urban forestry program.
- A breakdown of benefits of the urban forest, from water quality to improved transit to human health.
- Hundreds of publications, guides, and articles from the popular press that help bolster the case for urban forestry.
How to use this resource:
- As a starting place to find urban forest resources, with a focus on street trees.
- As a step-by-step guide to implementing urban forestry in your community.
- As a rich source for case studies, guides, and peer-reviewed research on all aspects of urban forestry.
Point of contact: SM.FS.firstname.lastname@example.org