Trash in Creeks: Field Investigation Report and Benchmark Research Study
In a nutshell, this resource offers:
- A study with recommendations to improve the ecological health and safety of Austin's rivers, lakes, and creeks, by addressing litter problems, prevention, and abatement
- Current data, historical trends, and maps related to litter in Austin waterways
- A summary of best practices implemented by peer cities to prevent and abate litter in waterways
- Recommendations for action that Austin city departments could take to substantially prevent and abate litter in local waterways.
How to use this resource:
- Get inspiration on creative litter abatement and removal strategies from cities around the world such as community clean ups, enforcement policies, and source reduction
- Learn about the major sources of trash in Austin's waterways
Author: Andrew Clamann
Date published: 09/21/2022
Point of contact: Andrew.Clamann@austintexas.gov
Resource is available online here.