City of Snoqualmie Natural Infrastructure Assessment
The Snoqualmie Natural Infrastructure Assessment establishes the stormwater retention, water quality and climate stability values of Snoqualmie’s urban forest. Using geographically referenced land cover and a proven Ecosystem Service Valuation method, this assessment analyzes the natural infrastructure benefits delivered by the City’s urban forest to the community at-large. Recommendations and resources are also provided.
In a nutshell, this resource offers:
- Quantified values (including in dollars) of stormwater, carbon sequestration, and water quality ecosystem services of urban natural areas and street trees.
- A net present value analysis of the value of ecosystem service provision for Snoqualmie's natural areas over 50 years.
- Recommendations for preserving and enhancing natural infrastructure in Snoqualmie.
How to use this resource:
- A starting place for methodologies to calculate the stormwater, carbon sequestration, and water quality values of urban forests.
- An example of how data can illustrate the value of natural infrastructure.
Author: Zachary Christin, Lance Davisson, Tim Maguire, Sarah Anderson
Date published: 2020
Point of contact: Lance Davisson, Principal at The Keystone Concept, email@example.com
Citation: City of Snoqualmie, Natural Infrastructure Assessment, 2020.