Chicago Region Carbon Program
The Chicago Region Carbon Program (CRCP) is a regional carbon crediting program that works with communities throughout the Chicago region to create greener, more sustainable communities through tree planting and tree preservation projects.
CRCP is a collaboration between City Forest Credits, a national nonprofit carbon registry, and the Chicago Region Trees Initiative, a partnership of more than 200 public, private, and community-led organizations to create a healthier, more diverse regional urban forest.
In a nutshell, this resource offers:
- Eligibility requirements and project examples from the Chicago Region.
- An introduction to carbon credits including frequently asked questions.
- Tree planting and tree preservation criteria, including information about costs and staff time.
How to use this resource:
- As an example of a regional carbon crediting program.
- As a resource for starting carbon crediting which is available nationally.
- For detailed information about carbon projects.
Date published: 2023
You can find the eligibility requirements, project examples and the resource page on the CRCP Story Map.
See below for information packets detailing an introduction to carbon credits, and detailed information on carbon credits for both tree planting and tree preservation.